Point Of Care Barcode Verification Stops Mistakes At Bedside
When healthcare professionals are able to access and verify critical data about patients and medications at the bedside, they spend less time second-guessing redundant processes and more time on superior patient care.
General Data helps hospitals utilize the latest barcode scanning and wireless mobility products and systems for medical care at bedside, including:
The administration of medication at point of care is a common area where dangerous errors can occur. When healthcare professionals are equipped with wireless mobile computers or barcode scanners, they are able to to scan barcodes on the patient wristband and also the barcoded medication to positively verify the five "rights" -- the right medication is going to the right patient at the right time at the right dose using the right method of administration.
- Reduces the likelihood of dangerous errors due to medication mix-ups.
- Provides an immediate method of positive patient identification.
- Gives healthcare providers real-time access to patient data at the bedside.
- More opportunities for quality patient interactions and care.
True positive specimen identification begins at the point of collection. Whether its blood, tissue or fluids, accurate laboraotry test results and speedy diagnoses depend on specimens being clearly and positively identified with accurate patient information. Barcode scanners, wireless data terminals and portable barcode label printers streamline this process and enable healthcare professionals to positively identify specimens at point of care, as they are collected.
- Positively identifies specimen at point of collection.
- Reduces costs associated with re-testing and re-treatment.
- Provides caregiver with an efficient means for accurate labeling of containers.
Blood Transfusion Verification
Accurate matching of blood to patients is critically important to avoiding life-threatening errors. Without barcode technology, hospitals must utilize redundant and time-consuming hand labeling and cross-checking procedures to try to catch errors.Barcode scanners, mobile computers and barcode label printers can significantly streamline this process, eliminate errors, and assure accuracy in identification of blood to verify the right blood is going to the right patient.
- Scanning blood bags at bedside eliminates redundant cross-checks and greatly reduces the possibility of a mis-matched transfusion.
- Data such as blood information, donor, expiration date and serial number can be immediately accessed.
- Manage available blood inventory by knowing what is in stock, what is being used, and what is needed.
General Data is a premier business partner with industry-leading hardware and technology providers. You can rely on General Data's product, software and systems integration expertise to find the right point of care barcode verification technology fit for your facility.