ID/Positive™ ScanPrint™ Slide Labeling System
General Data’s ID/Positive ScanPrint system enables labs to scan barcodes on cassettes to print slide labels on-demand at the microtome station. Labs can use ScanPrint to quickly and accurately label slides with accession, block, stain and level information in both text and barcode format.
ScanPrint enables labs to add on-demand barcode slide labeling to their workflow without the need for an additional LIS module or other special slide labeling software.
ScanPrint does not require interfacing with a lab’s existing LIS. It is a standalone system that is comprised of a smart printer, mini-keyboard, barcode scanner, and customized protocol cards that contain the lab’s specific protocol definitions. No computer workstation is required.
With ScanPrint, a technician at an individual microtome station simply scans a cassette that is labeled with a properly formatted barcode, then scans the appropriate protocol card. The printer’s LED display prompts the technician for any needed keyboard input, and the printer generates the slide labels for that specific block.
ScanPrint Features and Benefits
- Implement on-demand barcode slide labeling without additional LIS modules, other special software, or additional computer workstations.
- Quickly and accurately label sides at the individual microtome station as they are produced.
- Eliminate handwritten slides.
- Reduce or eliminate errors and workflow inefficiencies due to mis-identification of slides.
- ScanPrint is a standalone system that does not need to interface with LIS.
- The system’s small footprint makes it ideal for crowded cutting stations.
- The customized protocol cards contain the lab’s specific protocol definitions. They can be used to facilitate printing of slide labels for individual stains, levels and re-cuts.
- ScanPrint prints StainerShield® XT slide labels with the following information:
- Accession number
- Part and block number
- Block notes
- Facility info
- Datamatrix barcode containing accession, part and block number, and a unique slide ID
The ScanPrint system requires cassettes that are labeled with a Datamatrix barcode containing data encoded in a specific format. The ID/Positive CL-01 laser cassette marker can utilize a special cassette printing application that labels cassettes with a Datamatrix barcode that is formatted to work correctly with ScanPrint. Alternately, you can modify your existing cassette labeling system to print Datamatrix barcodes that are formatted correctly for ScanPrint.
|Scan Performance|| |