Here Are The Top 7 Reasons To Consider A Rugged Device Over A Consumer-Grade Device:
As you begin to consider mobile device deployment, you may be wondering whether investing in rugged devices will really save you money versus standard, consumer-grade devices. What can rugged devices really contribute to your operations that consumer-grade devices can't accomplish at half the upfront price?
7. Rugged devices typically have a longer production cycle. This means your IT/help-desk can support only 1 device over a period of years and not have to worry about supporting devices that get refreshed or phased out every few months. It also means they can standardize on accessories such as chargers and docks.
6. Rugged devices have long lasting, replaceable batteries. The units and their batteries are designed to last a full shift of use on a complete charge. You won't have to send a unit back to replace a battery, or worse, throw it away.
5. Rugged devices live up to their namesake. They are specifically engineered to handle the demands of rugged shop-floor or route environments without needing to be repaired or serviced.
4. Rugged devices typically allow for more OS personalization. This allows your device to be configured to the optimal settings for your company's unique needs.
3. Rugged computers include more configurable hardware options to be installed at the time of manufacture. This includes: cameras, scanners, WWAN, GPS, RFID, displays and more.
2. Rugged computers usually are available with cost-effective service contracts that also include user abuse repairs. Not just manufacturer defect contracts like with most consumer-grade devices.
1. Rugged devices typically have a must lower TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP. Even though they generally cost more upfront, over the course of 3-5 years, the cost of purchasing, maintaining and managing a consumer-grade computer far outweighs that of a rugged computer.