General Data Company is looking for a Customer Service Representative to be responsible for building relationships with customers and prospects of General Data Company, dba Color Label Solutions (CLS) by processing sales transactions as efficiently and supportively as possible.
This position is located in our Signal Hill, CA location.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: order entry and acknowledgment, order tracking, and sales support.
- Enters inbound orders via the service inbox or phone into QuickBooks. Sets up estimates for each customer order.
- Adds appropriate attachments to each estimate (Sales Order, Label Estimate, Sales Tax Forms, Invoices, etc.). Ensures information on estimate is correct prior to sending (ship to address, tracking numbers, products/quantities, sales tax, freight method, etc.)
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, and educate the customer where applicable to improve the customer/supplier experience.
- Obtain quotes for custom label sizes from GDC or our other label vendors. Add custom label items to QuickBooks based on the pricing policies of Color Label Solutions and under advisement of the Management Team.
- Places purchase orders with vendors. Ensures information on purchase order is correct prior to sending (ship to address, tracking numbers, products/quantities, etc.).
- Contacts prospects and customers as required to keep them informed or answer questions about products and ship dates.
- Answer questions on order/inventory status; and become knowledgeable over time on the products sold to answer basic technical, end user questions.
- Makes outbound calls (as time permits) to customers to capture on-going label and ink orders.
- Supports field sales efforts to close new and additional sales; estimates, invoices, ship dates, inventory status, etc.
- Support print sample efforts including mailing. Over time, learn how to print samples for customers and prospects.
- Provides support for internal shipments; including setting up shipment, tracking, etc.
- Obtained high school education as a minimum.
- Confident taking in-bound calls and making out-bound sales calls to customers.
- Willingness to learn QuickBooks. Prior experience in QuickBooks beneficial.
- Willingness to learn the label business. Experience with labels or label printing preferred
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Competent in both spoken and written English language; Spanish language skills are beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with customers and other team members.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
- Proficiency in the use of browser-based applications and Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals set by company.
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623