The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the support of our customers and field service repairs. The Technician owns tasks assigned in ERP system, manages them through closure and customer satisfaction.
The Field Service Engineer position will cover the Indianapolis, Louisville, and Evansville regions as well as require some nationwide travel. The corporate office is located in the Cincinnati area.
- Repair, install, maintain, and calibrate, various types of copiers or label printers, biomedical medical equipment, and instrumentation at the customer location.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of equipment, devices, and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Maintains parts inventory to cover field service needs.
Communicate task accomplishments:
- Provide daily updates to the supervisor (open call report), to include task accomplishments, issues and escalations needed.
- Be available to communicate and resolve issues with other team members.
- Provide support and guidance to Service Division team members as needed.
- Associate’s degree in electronics or biomedical equipment technology
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the copier, label printer or biomedical repair field
- Perform new hardware and software deployments (installation, configuration and administration)
- Copier Service Background
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (ability to drive a company provided vehicle)
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623