General Data is currently searching for 1st shift Narrow Web Flexographic Press Operators at our Atlanta plant. Hours are Monday through Friday 5:30am to 2:00pm.
- Efficiently and accurately operate Comco/Mark Andy/ETI, Nilpeter, and Aquaflex flexo presses to achieve maximum quality throughout the job.
- Adjust press to accommodate for new product rolls.
- Review job information and accurately setup equipment according to specifications to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of each run, and flag any defects/ non-conforming product.
- Troubleshoot equipment and adjust as necessary to ensure the order continues to process correctly.
- Accurately maintain written records of production, including production time, downtime, and waste.
- Remove loads from press using a hand truck.
- Assist in the handling of dies and examining of dies for defects.
- Perform maintenance duties on equipment as needed.
- Train others on the process for operating flexo equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Communicate with other shifts on job status and press schedule.
- Safely and efficiently perform all essential job functions in accordance with company policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in department meetings, training, and continuous improvement events.
- Serve as an example of what our company values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- 1-5 years experience is necessary
- Experience in running Comco/Mark Andy/ETI, Nilpeter, and Aquaflex presses is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with customers and other General Data team members.
- Knowledge of or experienced in operation of flexographic and 3 and 5 roll coating applicators.
- Working knowledge of ink management for waterbase, film, and UV inks is a plus
- Strong math skills and understanding of metric and standard measurements/ conversions.
- Detail-oriented and capable of following standard work instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets, as well as comprehend verbal instructions.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 is a plus.
Position includes hourly wage, overtime, and full benefits package.
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623