General Data Company, Inc. (www.general-data.com) is a leading provider of products and technologies for identification, tracking and data management applications. General Data delivers innovative bar code labeling, identification, and wireless products and solutions that improve business process accuracy, productivity and performance.
General Data is currently searching for a Human Resources Assistant. The Human Resource Assistant performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, benefits administration, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HR Assistant must be sensitive to employee goodwill and the business needs.
- Support HR Director with Bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain up-to-date records on vacations, personal days, and leave of absences including FMLA.
- Maintain all employee and applicant documentation.
- Manages all recruiting efforts using Indeed and other social media platforms (reviews applications, interviews).
- Act as an employee relations specialist.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Perform all new hire on-boarding.
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distribute and monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure they are done in a timely manner.
- Update, monitor and maintain eligible salary adjustments/increases based on evaluations.
- Monitor employee eligibility for benefits plans. Review benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Helps in organizing and managing annual open enrollment communications and election process.
- Administer COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintain and coordinate employee recognition programs.
- Backup to the Receptionist.
- Any other duties as assigned by HR Director.
- Bachelor's degree or 1-3 years of HR experience.
- Must have experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resource programs.
- Human Resource experience in related industry a plus.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Payroll administration experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with customers and other team members.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals set by company.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623