We are looking for a Help Desk Technician Intern to provide technical assistance for internal users. You will need to have a working knowledge of computer hardware, installing windows OS, and installing software.
An excellent Help Desk Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively. This is a full time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday internship located at our Cincinnati Ohio office.
General Description of Duties:
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote/onsite troubleshooting.
- Build and set up PC’s for internal users.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by internal users.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of current technologies, applications, and industry trends.
- Troubleshoot network and device performance issues as needed.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Windows OS, Office products, installing OS’s
- Good understanding of computer hardware systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Ability to carry equipment to users’ desk (IE Computer tower, Monitors, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Manage multiple, on-going, and high priority assignments at the same time
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently
- Very organized and detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and follow up
- Ability to travel to other local company locations
Interested people must send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH, 45245
Fax (513) 965-3623