Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Job Summary: The Material Handler is responsible for all raw materials in the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Move, store, identify, and inventory all material utilizing material handling equipment, bar code inventory equipment, and computer inventory programs.
- Check all packing lists and purchase orders for accuracy.
- Put away returns accurately after checking that they are identified correctly.
- Maintain material warehouse cleanliness.
- Consolidate stock.
- Load and Unload trucks.
- Stock boxes and cores at the presses, maintain box and core storage, retrieve unused boxes and cores from presses & rewind area, and restock unused boxes and cores.
- Empty trash.
- All other duties as requested.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Required Skills and Behaviors:
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and can perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Uses time wisely and is accountable to self and the team.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedule and within standard times.
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one's skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- 1-5 years of warehouse and inventory control experience preferred.
- Able to read and comprehend production work orders.
- Must be able to operate a fork truck and picker.
Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as is determined by management.
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Expected Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
General Data Company, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45245
PH: 800.733.5252 ext.2296