General Data Company is looking for a Purchasing Manager within our Manufacturing Department. The Purchasing Manager will manage the Inventory Support team with overall responsibilities for the accurate and timely processing and placement of purchase orders with vendors, product pricing updates and follow-up.
- Direct and employees for safety, quality, and production.
- Develop and control continuous improvement for profits, plans, and budget.
- Manage inventory requirements and the purchase of GDC material masters for stock.
- Manage the purchase of raw material for stock and custom products.
- Manage the review of all custom orders for accuracy and stock availability.
- Update material purchasing information on job and in manufacturing software.
- Manage the purchase of custom cores and cartons.
- Negotiate with vendors on distribution.
- Process material claims with vendors
- Oversee monthly material counting and reporting.
- Review daily movement reports for warehouse accuracy.
- Establish and monitor overall performance for safety, production and quality standards.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Interpret and administer company policies.
- Utilize company computer programs in daily operations.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to employees.
- Manage all employees of the department and be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Comply with all safety, environmental regulations, and company policies.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably business or accounting)
- 5+ years business experience
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures a must
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with vendors and other General Data team members.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
- Good organizational, planning and leadership abilities.
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point) to analyze data and trends.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623