General Data Company, Inc. (www.general-data.com) is a leading provider of products and technologies for identification, tracking and data management applications. General Data delivers innovative bar code labeling, identification, and wireless products and solutions that improve business process accuracy, productivity and performance.
General Data is currently searching for a Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist. The Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist monitors stock levels of materials, supplies and goods in the warehouse to ensure stock within designated limits; assists in resolving inventory and purchasing problems; records stock item data and maintains warehouse stock/equipment inventory records; performs a variety of routine to moderately complex warehouse and distribution activities; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Understands flow of demand to inventory, master agreements, and other purchase transactions.
- Executes POs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Achieves inventory management, scheduling coordination, supplier management, and process improvement objectives.
- Provide follow-up on orders as needed – delivery dates, quantities shipped, prices charged, etc.
- Manage, maintain and process company work orders.
- Maintain current product pricing in company ERP system as required.
- Maintain good relations with customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Maintain and perform inventory checks according to company standards.
- Manage company demo equipment/orders.
- Run required daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Act as an information source for internal questions concerning purchased items.
- Assist with or coordinate special projects as required.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of related experience
- Understanding of inventory control systems, policies, procedures
- Understand creation of metrics for analysis and benchmarking
- Understand how to effectively manage supplier quality
- Knowledge of purchasing process
- Make accurate and timely decisions
- Strong judgment and critical thinking – identifies and evaluates issues at hand
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player, open to working closely with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups and all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office. (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to run reports and manipulate Excel spreadsheet as needed.
- Experience with Acumatica (ERP) system is a plus
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company Inc.
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH, 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (513) 965-3623
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org