The Support Engineer will provide pre-sale support, sales assists, post-sale support and technical customer service. This position will be located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Establish wireless and fixed networking environment by designing system configuration, installing wireless network systems, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Pre-sale and post-sale support activity in Manufacturing, Warehouse, and Distribution accounts.
- Work with industrial computer systems utilizing Thin Clients, rugged tablets, PC's, portable data collection terminals, barcode printers & scanners, and associated accessories. Would also include applications involving Voice Client, Wireless Device Management, and Network Security.
- Responsible for site surveys and installations throughout the US. This includes consulting with users to determine functional specifications.
- Maintain optimal level of customer satisfaction and identify all customer issues and recommend appropriate resolution for same.
- Help design, develop, document, analyze, create, test and modify systems based on and related to user specifications.
- Provide product analysis, support and manage all requests and assist to resolve all issues and perform regular troubleshooting.
- Expected travel 25% to 50% on average.
- Bachelor's degree or two-year associates degree, 2 to 5 years’ experience
- General knowledge of system design documentation
- General knowledge of documentation and training
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and support their application(s).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrate organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to acquire and effectively demonstrate any additional knowledge and skill requirements as requested.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment.
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals set by company.
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623