General Data's label manufacturing division designs and produces innovative custom labels for a wide variety of applications. Utilizing the latest manufacturing technologies, General Data produces custom labels that satisfy our customer's most demanding labeling requirements.
Whether your needs include pre-printed text, graphics, or logos, special sizes and configurations, special topcoats or spot coating, pattern or deadened adhesives, or unique constructions, General Data can produce custom labels to meet the needs of your application.
ISO-Certified Manufacturing Quality
General Data is an ISO 9001-registered facility. Our quality procedures meet the highest standards and have been certified to be in compliance with ISO 9001 standards.
Custom Print Label Capabilities
General Data's manufacturing facilities house state-of-the-art label and tag converting, printing and finishing equipment. We can create a custom label with any printed information, including corporate logos and product brands, up to 8 colors with specialty topcoats and finishes. Our capabilities for custom print labels include:
- Materials: papers and synthetics, formulated for thermal transfer, direct thermal, laser or inkjet printing.
- Adhesives: formulations for any surface, environment, or application need.
- Topcoats: to enhance printability or provide added durability.
- Printing: pre-print logos, graphics or floodcoats in process colors or Pantone Matching System® (PMS) inks in up to 10 colors, with support for front and backside printing.
- Finishing: perforations, face and back slits, laminating, and die cutting to your specifications. Our extensive die library contains a range of shapes and sizes, or we can produce a new die quickly and economically.
- Digital pre-press: we can help you design or prepare your digital artwork to ensure the labels are produced to the highest standards of quality.
Ensure The Right Custom Label For Your Application Through Our Research, Development and Testing Lab
Our label product engineers can help you make sure your custom labels are right for your application. At our research and development laboratory, our product engineers utilize advanced equipment for product formulation, analysis and testing. Our lab capabilities include:
- Industry-standard physical testing of materials for recommendation or certification
- Simulation of application environments for analysis and testing, including extended abrasion, extreme heat and cold, and chemical exposure
- Print testing to determine optimal label/ink/ribbon combinations
- Precision engineering of adhesives, materials, and topcoats
When your needs include labels that have sequentially-numbered variable data, variable text, or variable-data barcodes, General Data has the expertise you can count on. We feature a range of variable-data imprinting technologies to suit your custom printed label needs, from 1,000 labels to 10 million labels.
General Data also offers short run label printing services with digital 4 color printing. These short run custom printed labels are ideal for small jobs requiring quick turnaround.