General Data Company, Inc. (www.general-data.com) is a leading provider of products and technologies for identification, tracking and data management applications. General Data delivers innovative bar code labeling, identification, and wireless products and solutions that improve business process accuracy, productivity and performance.
General Data partners with a wide variety of industry-leading equipment suppliers, software providers, and technology specialists to provide our customers with the right solution that best fits their business needs, objectives, and budget. General Data is also an ISO 9001: 2015 registered company. General Data Company is looking for a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive growth in General Data Company manufactured & distributed products.
• Business Development for GDC products specifically Prime Labels and Shrink Sleeves.
• Lead development and prospecting through all means available, including but not limited to industry networking, customer-base follow-up, referrals, targeted sales
campaigns and cold calls.
• Developing and executing a plan for revenue growth within the GDC suite of products.
• Meet with potential clients both virtually and in person.
• Prospect, develop and manage a book of business consisting primarily of direct customers.
• Manage monthly sales reporting and forecasting.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Work tradeshows to gain new prospects.
• College graduate with a BS in business or Minimum 3 years functional experience in B2B sales within the label industry.
• Confident taking in-bound calls and making out-bound sales calls to customers.
• Technical knowledge of materials/adhesives typically found in Prime Label and Shrink Sleeve applications.
• Knowledge of flexographic and digital printing in the Prime and Shrink Sleeve space.
• Experience working in a commission-based role preferred.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with customers and other General Data team members.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
• Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with customer relationship management systems.
• Ability to meet or exceed goals set by company.
• Ability to uncover customer/prospect needs, leverage existing networks and demonstrate solutions as required.
• Must be a self-starter capable of working from both a home-based office as well as our production facility in South Fulton, GA.
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis with some overnight stays, as business dictates.
This position includes a fixed salary - plus commission and bonus plan - commensurate with experience and performance credentials. General Data Company offers a competitive insurance and benefits package, including 401K, and business expense reimbursement.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Fax (513) 965.3623